Saturday, September 9, 2017

Guest Designing at Inspired By All The Little Things

Happy Friday, everyone! And it is a very, very happy Friday for me! The effervescent, the ebullient, and the ever-amazing Darnell ask me to be this week's Guest Designer at Inspired By All The Little Things challenge! I was more than happy to say yes, as it's such a fun challenge and the DT is just incredible! Thanks, Darnell!!


Now the inspiration photo is chock-a-block full of things to get your mojo going. The colors (wowzers! if you ask me), those sweet flowers, the burlap, the Eiffel Tower, the script... There are just so many directions to go with this! I do hope you'll join me in the gallery!

Colors

I chose the flowers and the greenery as my inspiration:


I didn't have any minty green ink (must remedy that...) so I chose a bluey-green for the smaller flowers, (which didn't photograph very well), and a peach and coral for the larger one. The flowers and some of the leaves are from MFT, and the more palmy leaves are from SC. I found a scrap of scripty paper and stamped a HA sentiment in the darker green. I popped up two of the flowers to add a smidgen of dimension, too. Since I thought the flowers from the inspiration photo looked like boutonnieres, I tried to emulate that on my card front. Not sure I'd wear something that big though, lol!! Thanks again to Darnell and the DT at Inspired By All The Little Things for having me. Sure hope that you'll all play along with me! As always, 


19 comments:

Jen W. said...

So thrilled to see you as Guest Designer here, Bev! I love how you captured so many elements of the photo and those flowers are gorgeous!
(And now, despite it being only 10:30am, I am craving chicken pot pie...)

Darnell said...

Thank you so much for being my first guest, Bevie! I love your take on the inspiration photo! The leaves and ferns behind your pretty flowers are amazing, as is the text behind the floaty happy sediment!! You're the BEST!! Love and hugs, Darnell

Bobby said...

I'm beginning to think you're everyone's favorite guest designer, Bev, and I can see why when you turn out such beautiful cards. I love the dimension you achieved with the stamped and die cut flowers and leaves. Using the script for the sentiment was brilliant.

Leigh Penner said...

So excited to see you featured at Inspired By All the Little Things, Bev! Your card is beautiful! I love how you used one of my favourite sets!

I Card Everyone said...

YAY, Bevie!!! LOve you, love your card, and we are all doing your Happy Dance to see the challenge BACK...because we've missed IBATLT so much! xoxo
=]

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeousness galore, what a wonderful card and Congrats on your GD gig, it's well deserved!

~amy~ said...

yahooo!!!!!
perfect card Bev!!!

nancy littrell said...

Congratulations Bev on being chosen by Darnell as Inspired by the little things challenge Guest Designer. Your flora arrangement is so pretty and sweet. Perfect for the inspiration photo. TFS I am now one of your followers:-) Hugs..

Kylie said...

Yay for guest designing! Your card is sooooo pretty!! Love it!

Susanne Vargas said...

How wonderful that you are Darnell's first GD! She couldn't have picked a better and nicer one! Your card is fantastic! Love the way you arranged the blossoms and leaves (and that you added some ferns which I love)!

Wanda Cullen said...

I love these florals that always make such a bold statement! Beautiful take on the inspiration photo! So happy to have you joining us this week!

Anita in France said...

Huge congratulations on being the lovely Darnell's lovely first Guest Designer at Inspired By, Bev ... so well deserved! What a gorgeous floral arrangement ... such delicious colours ... and I love the slip of scripty paper backing the sentiment ... really makes it pop! Sending you great big hugs and bisous, mon amie ... thinking of you ... and missing you! Anita :)

Lesley said...

Absolutely delighted to have you with us this week, Bev! You did a great job with the inspiration (love those blooms)! Thank you for joining us!
Hugs!
Lesley

Tracey McNeely said...

Congratulations on guesting Bev and your card is beautiful, those flowers in the soft colours are lovely!

shirley-bee said...

Congrats on your GD spot, Bev! Love your grouping of flowers with the soft background of leaves on this pretty card :)

Marilyn said...

Oh, Bev, so fun to be guest designing and to be asked by one of your faves, Darnell. Love your card ... gorgeous blue and peach colors. Wonderful design from the photo.

KimCreate said...

Happy to have you guest designing with us!

LauraJane:) said...

Great having you Guest with us at Inspired By...your Card is So fresh and lovely!! I'm with you on the love of making PIES:))) What a wonderful gift to pass on to the next generation!

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your well deserved GD spot at Inspired By! This is such a beautiful take on the inspiration board, Bev! I love how you substituted the minty green with blue gray...it works so well with the color palette! Love your choice of flowers and leaves, too!
It was fun to learn a little bit about you :) I LOVE that you make all kinds of pies...especially Chicken Pot Pie! Your grandkids are going to have so much fun visiting you and I think it's so great that they will have a lifelong memory with you ~ Way to go!!!